by Matt Rooney
Brady played like the MVP as the Patriots made a statement against Philly winning 37-20. The five time Super Bowl Champion was 19-26 for 172 yards and 2 TDs. He gave way to Brian Hoyer in the second half after gaining the Patriots a 27-7 advantage. The Pats dominated from the start, scoring on their opening drive and making countless plays on offense, defense, and special teams.
- Tom Brady – he looked as good as ever, and the Pats will be in the Super Bowl if he plays like this this season.
- New D line additions – Adrian Clayborn (signed as a FA) and Ja’Whaun Bentley (Rookie) teamed up on a defensive touchdown where Clayborn stripped sacked Foles and Bentley scooped it up and took it to the house.
- James White – steady as ever, James White rushed 4 times for 31 yards and caught 6 passes for 61 yards including a 20 yard touchdown pass from Tom Brady for a 27-7 lead. “I feel like he never makes a mistake. It’s pretty amazing to have that,” Brady said of White.
- Sacks – the Pats had EIGHT sacks, as eight different players got in on the action.
- Cordarrelle Patterson – the shifty receiver had four receptions for 51 yards, including a touchdown where he broke the defenders ankles on a screen. He also would of had a 50+ yard touchdown in the first half, but it was ruled that he stepped out of bounds.
- Jason McCourty – the corner gave up a touchdown where it looked like he was lost in coverage.
- Sidney Jones’ ankles – On his touchdown catch that made it 34-7, Patterson embarrassed Eagles corner, Sidney Jones, as he broke his ankles and made him fall.
- Pats O-Line depth – Rookie first rounder Isaiah Wynn was lost for the season with a torn achilles.
- Nick Foles’ shoulder – Foles had to leave the game after hurting his shoulder on the Patriots strip sack touchdown.
If this game is any indication, it looks like the Patriots are in for a special season.